Reopening of our East Riding Leisure Centres
Whilst working with our partners to support community hubs across the authority we have been working hard behind the scenes to prepare our leisure centres for reopening as soon as the government guidelines allow.
To ensure the safety of our customers and staff the 'look and feel' of the centres will be different to what you may have experienced pre-lockdown, with the principles of social distancing, personal hygiene, cleanliness and safety at the forefront of how we will operate.
These changes are in place to help us to reopen safely and to comply with government requirements to be COVID secure, and are for the benefit of keeping our customers and staff as safe as possible. These are subject to change according to the latest government advice.
Membership fees remain frozen and, when we are allowed to reopen, for the first month we will not be taking any direct debits, so members will enjoy one month membership FREE.
We understand some customers may not feel ready to return just yet. Should you want to continue freezing your membership, you will be given the option to do this when we contact you again nearer the time of reopening.
Below is a summary of key changes:
- All activities will need to be pre-booked and paid for either by phone or online using our booking system
- This now includes Swimming and Gym sessions in addition to normal pre-booked activities like classes and sports hall use
- All elements of our service will operate on a cashless basis
- Reduced spaces and equipment will be available to ensure social distancing can take place
- Some of our cycling studios will move into our exercise class studios, with some classes moving into our Sports Hall to ensure maximum spacing
- Classes will be shortened to allow for cleaning both before and after
- Advanced booking for members is 2 days and non-members 1 day
- All equipment including gym equipment used by customers must be cleaned before and after use (cleaning wipes, sprays and paper towels will be provided as well as hand gel)
- Please bring your own water/drink, as water stations will not be in operation, exercise mat for classes and supply of hand sanitiser for personal use as and when needed
- Dry side changing rooms, showers and lockers will not be open
- Wet side changing rooms will be limited with reduced cubicle and locker provision and no vanity areas open (Hairdryers etc)
- Toilets will operate on a 'one in one out' policy
- Sites with a cafe will not be operating a catering service initially and vending provision maybe limited
- Our opening hours will change from site to site to allow for deep cleaning and sanitisation to take place in addition to regular cleaning throughout the day in key areas and touch points.
We will be able to give you more information soon, so please keep your eyes peeled for further updates on our social media, website and via our enewsletters.
Thank you for your patience and support. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!